Following are the objectives of the organization through which DPUP intends to achieve its vision, mission and goal for creating an environment with equal opportunity, participation, inclusion and anti-discrimination dignity of people with disabilities.
01. To organize the blind & disabled persons and the members of their families and the destitute people into functional groups to participate in suitable program for improvement of their life situation.
02. To organize and implement suitable programs for socio economic development of the blind & disabled, disadvantages people including their families and the society as self respected members with dignity. It is so needed, as the disabled people are still remained dependent on mercy of the society.
03. Social support and blind communicator development, rehabilitation, necessary equipment support and special education for the blind.
04. Promotion and safeguarding the human rights of the blind & disabled person and the destitute people. To develop and participate in all spheres of life with other members of the society.
05. To develop the health, hygiene and nutritional aspect of the families of the blind, disabled and the destitute & disadvantage people, which can help to minimize / reduce disabilities as possible to ensure wealthy life.
06. To change the attitude of community people to provide assistance for developing the blind disabled persons and destitute people rather than apathetic feeling for them.
07. To undertake survey, study and research works on disability issue to find out valuable data that can help planning, undertaking and implementation of viable programs for the blind, disabled & disadvantage people.
08. To create opportunities for preventing children dropout and never enrolled in primary school adult both male and female, adolescent boys and girls both will brought under formal and non-formal education program.
09. To develop the socio economic condition of the targeted people through organizing them in to small groups, capital formation, motivation and non-formal education (NFE).
10. To develop the targeted people into skilled, conscious and qualified through arranging training, seminar and workshop etc.
11. To create employment and self-employment opportunities through undertaking different appropriate, viable and feasible Income Generating Activities IGA).
12. To create favorable health atmosphere and to control population growth through providing primary health and family planning education.
13. To eradicate social barriers, religious superstition, injustice, exploitation, deprivation etc. through education and motivation.
14. To reduce social diseases like divorce, abandon, separation, dowry and torture through increasing the social value of women and participation in decision-makings processes.
15. To develop the local environmental situations political free through forestry and nursery development.
16. To participate in relief and rehabilitation activities at the time of natural calamities to help the victims.
18. To change the attitude of community people to provide assistance for developing people.
19. To establish taking library and Braille library where necessary.
20. To assist the Government effort for creation of good governance and establishment of rule of law in the country.21. To participate in all events such as mass rallies, holding of seminars and offer activities for establishment of human rights, women rights and rights of the disabled people.